More Than A Job!
Why do you work each day? To us, our jobs are not just something we do to make a living, it’s a way to live. We work to support our members; whether celebrating moments of joy, finding a solution to an obstacle, or offering encouragement through a time of struggle. The worth of our work isn’t measured in dollars and cents, it’s seen in our communities and felt by the people who believe in us.
Financial wellbeing services
- 401(K) matching with up to 5% match
- Reduced health insurance
- Employee wellbeing services
- DE&I initiatives
- Work-life balance
Direct and oversee activities in all of the organizations accounting functions, which include financial and regulatory reporting, accounting, accounts payable, cash management, fixed assets and general ledger. Manage a strong monthly and annual closing process. Lead contact for internal, external auditors and examiners for auditing of the organizations financial statements and accounting functions. Perform responsibilities in an environment in which compliance with the Brand Promise, corporate culture, appropriate laws, rules, regulations and policies are maintained at all times. Leads and directs a high performing accounting team, including communicating and coordinating resources to support organization strategy implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Perform all functions and duties in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and bylaws.
- Plan and direct the credit union’s Accounting department including: the Brand Promise, organization-wide culture, financial and regulatory reporting (including the quarterly call report), accounts payable, cash management, fixed assets, general ledger and investment accounting.
- Oversee and manage monthly financial reporting, including reporting, communication and presentations for leadership teams, management, the Board of Directors and regulators.
- Ensure strong management of the accounting systems of the credit union including accounts payable, cash management, fixed assets, investment and general ledger.
- Establish departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have significant impact on the organization.
- Oversee and direct the monthly closing process, ensuring that subsidiary systems are properly closed (fixed assets, payables, prepaid expenses, deferrals, investments and general ledger) and internal financial statements are prepared.
- Ensure the integrity of financial statements by establishing strong processes, procedures, including separation of duties as necessary, management of reconcilement control program and transparent activities and communication. Review and evaluate impact of new accounting standards and determine appropriate application in the credit union.
- Serve as key contact with external auditors related to the Credit Union’s annual audit, coordinating from others information requested by auditors, providing requested information and responding to questions. Work with internal auditors on department audits.
- Manage preparation of annual financial statements and supporting footnotes, ensuring statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage the preparation of the credit union’s tax return, including working with external tax professionals.
- Work with federal (NCUA) and state (DIFS) regulatory agency examiners related to the Credit Union’s annual examination, providing requested information and responding to questions.
- Supervise staff by assigning work, communicating expectations, providing tools needed to do their jobs, monitoring individual performance, giving formal and informal feedback and applying incentives and consequences consistent with the Brand Promise and culture.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of duties and demonstrate professional expertise and conduct through effective coaching and support, and individual development. Ensures that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented by direct reports
- Serve as primary contact with the Federal Reserve Bank, Cencorp, Chase, MoneyGram, and other correspondent financial institutions.
- Ensure the development and documentation of business contingency plans for the Accounting functions.
- Serve as one of the approved decision makers for purchasing or selling investments. Decisions require understanding and knowledge of asset liability position and balance sheet strategies.
- Serve as member of the ALM Committee.
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction and goal setting for the department in collaboration with Chief Financial Officer
- Participate in projects, duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in developing, managing, and monitoring accounting including financial modeling and reporting.
- Proven history of creating and meeting strategic planning initiatives.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information. Applicable research skills and analytical mindset.
- Proven superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in compliance and federal regulation issues for accounting/finance issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as appropriate in the accomplishment of work.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and completes work in a manner consistent with our Brand Promise and culture.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven success in developing and mentoring direct reports and teams.
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance. An MA/MS/MBA is preferred. A CPA designation is also preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience, including some prior management experience
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access and data mining software
- Data base management, experience with Monarch and other data reporting tools, and SQL query preferred
What You’ll Get
We know that pay and benefits are important. And, we’ve really got that covered. But, we also know that those are not the only things that you need to decide if this is the place for you. Join our team of Lake Trusters and you’ll enjoy:
- Working with an energetic team focused on making our members wildly successful
- An opportunity to work with others that have your back every step of the way
- Opportunities to make a difference both inside and outside of our walls
- Being treated like you are more than the work you do
- Must be a tech savvy individual who has a high degree of adaptability to adjust quickly to change and priorities.